Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Parental Leave Week 6 & 7 Wrap Up

I have been neglectful of this blog in the past few weeks. My Last updated was my 5th week wrap up, and here I am now in the middle of week 8 of my parental leave. As I read over my week 5 blog I think 'oh how little are you aware of what is about to happen week 5 Christopher'

Week 6 and 7 have been less enjoyable.

This less enjoyability came in a few different forms. First and foremost a long simmering difference of opinion finally surfaced with a colleague. Her and I have been working, somewhat together for sometime but we never really could get on the same page. And now it looks like we will not. Her and I sat down she said her peace and now it is time to move on. Needless to say that was an undesired intrusion into my leave.

The second issue was the daycare. I don't know what it was but the kids were driving me nuts. Maybe it is a combination of the daycare and increased level of responsibility at work again. Whatever it was each morning became a little harder to get set up, and the screams, yelps, and cries became a little harder to attend too.

I love my kids. The daycare provides us both with some additional income and some playmates for Simeon. Most days I find my work satisfying. And writing a blog on the Christian faith is very rewarding for me. But during these two weeks it all seems like too much.

I was grumpy most days as I was trying to tackle everything that needed to be done and grapple with my feelings. Maybe grumpy is an understatement.

Thankfully Easter weekend came around. It had some business to be sure. We had church services to attend, a birthday party to take in, family visited, we had chores to catch up on, and shopping to do. But in the midst of all that we had some piece and quiet.

My two rather difficult weeks ended well. I got to hide Easter eggs for my son, we enjoyed testing out various new bubble contraptions and for the first time in 7 1/2 weeks I sunk my teeth into a 'new' video game, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection for the PSP.

This week has began anew as they say. And so far it has already proven to be more enjoyable. I pray it ends as well as it began.

Father And Son On Our First Family Easter Egg Hunt
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...