Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Lesson From An Under The Weather Daddy

I'm a guy. Now that means a lot of things. I have to shave my face every morning. I get to pee standing up. My life expectancy is a little shorter than women's. And when I get sick I become a total wimp.

I have been nursing a chest cold for a little more than two weeks, which is annoying. But shortly after we got home from the hospital I started to feel a little worse. My skin tingled, my nose was stuffy, I felt feverish  (though I had no fever), my cough got a little worse and worse still my throat hurt, a lot.

I'll I wanted to do was be a wimp in bed, sleep a lot, watch some TV, drink some tea and get better.

A Picture Of Me On Wednesday


Only three things stood in my way. 1 I have a very busy 2 year old son who needs a playmate and lots of attention. 2. I have a new born daughter. 3. My wife is recovering from labor. Guess who wasn't going to get a nap/TV day because his head felt stuffy.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining. This is just one more thing about being an adult/father I am getting used to. Turns out the sniffles are not reason enough to shut down your life for one day. Who knew!

By the way, in case you are wondering I am feeling fine now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...